Friday, September 19, 2008

Shield of Faith

Today in prayer I was "putting on" the whole armour of God when I realized I couldn't remember it all. I stopped and went to my Bible. When I began to read these verses they just popped off the page and ministered to me. So much so that I felt to share.

"Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:" Ephesians 6:13-17

The dictionary gives this definition for the word quench; "to put out, extinguish, eliminate."

I'm encouraged today that having put on God's armour that I will be able to eliminate all those "fiery darts" no matter what form they disguise themselves as.

Be encouraged ~ Mindy

No comments: