Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Wordless Wednesday (sorta)

My Mom and 3 of her grandkids.

My family always looks forward to my Mom's visits. She flys down for my kids' birthdays in Feb. and Jul. So twice a year we get a week of Grandma time! This time she brought her Nintendo DS with her, so I'm not sure she got a lot of cuddle time, but that's her own doing. She also brought my nephew, Chaz, with her this visit. Josh thought that was very cool that his cousin came all the way from WA for his birthday. Thanks Chaz! My Mom is very kicked back (as you can see in this picture), and doesn't require much, just cuddles, chocolate, & coffee. She lives for her kids and grandkids and I feel blessed she is my Mom! The time flew by and I don't remember all that we did, but here's a few things I do remember:

1. Celebrated Joshua's 5th birthday with a Ravioli dinner! - tuesday 2/3/09
2. Went to library for Josh to get his own library card - wednesday 2/4/09
3. Went shopping with the kids, whew that was some trip! - thursday 2/5/09
4. Went to Jump-2-it for Joshua's party - friday 2/6/09
5. Girls day! Mom and I went out shopping again, much better without the kids. - sat 2/7/09

Thank you Mom for spending your vacation time coming to see us! We hope this tradition continues for years to come! Some people go to their winter cabin, or go on a cruise, but I'm glad you choose to spend your vacation with us! Hey, maybe our house can just be called your winter/summer vacation house, lol!

Thanks for everything, you're the best!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwww...Mindy, you are so lucky and blessed! What an awesome mom and grandma!

Karen J. Hopper said...

How priceless the picture. Now that's one happy grandma. Nothing greater than to be with kids and grandkids.

Anonymous said...

Mindy, you know that it is my pleasure and priviledge to come for the kids' birthdays, and I will continue to come for as long as I possibly can. I love being with you and your family--only wish it could be more than twice a year. I had a great time, and so did Chaz. It is so fun to watch them interact. I really can't wait for all (or some) of us to be together again. Love you guys so much!

Anonymous said...

Hi. Just in case you forgot, I'm reminding you that you didn't post a Wordless Wednesday yesterday. I'm a fan, so, please post something for me. Thanks. :-)