Happy New Year to you!
Every year my church begins the year with communion and footwashing. Now, I will admit, when we 1st did this I thought we were in the dark ages, but I was proved wrong. It is now one of the things I look forward to. There always seems to be a renewed love one for another during this time and I do love my church family. There was such an awesome move of the Holy Ghost starting in the prayer room, I didn't want to leave, but the same presence fell on us once again during our worship service and continued on through the whole service. My Pastor preached an incredible message, as usual...we're spoiled. As we finished communion the Holy Ghost fell in such a lovely way, as we began to thank Him and praise His name, He in turn blessed us with His presence as if He were embracing us! What an incredible and blessed time we had. I'm looking forward to 2009, there' s no telling what God will do this year!
___________________________________________________________________
I don't usually make New Year's resolutions because I'm so hard on myself once I break them, so I just tell myself I'm going to "try" to eat better, excerise more, etc...
But there is something about a new year that gets me excited! A new calendar! I confess, I'm obsessed with calendars! On New Year's Day I get my new calendar out and write out all my families birthdays and their ages. I don't know why I do this, because I know them all by heart, but it feels good to write it all out! Then of course I look and see what day my birthday falls on, Wednesday this year. I seemed to get energized about organizing my life, on paper anyway- LOL! I would be lost without my planner calendar. I know they have electronics that are supposed to be easier to use, easier to carry around, and more efficient, but I can't pencil stuff in on electronics! I like the idea of putting it all in writing I'm a little bit of a daydreamer in this department. A perfect daily schedule, a perfect workout routine, a perfect menu, like I said I'm a dreamer!
I know I'm a few days late on wishing you all a Happy and Blessed New Year!
6 comments:
Sis Mindy Im gona give you my calander so you can fill it out for me.. lol I am so aweful at planning. Maybe that can be a new year resolution to get organized at least on paper.. Love u
I got out my pocket planner from my purse and my brand new wall calender and did the same thing last night. (I think I know where you get that from!) I love to write all the special occasions in my calendar. Today is my brother Gary's birthday (oh, but you already know that because you wrote it on your calendar) and the 9th is Katelyn's 13th birthday. Well, every year my new year's resolution is to get my cards out on time, but I always break it before mid-January, and, once again, Katelyn's card will be late! Oh well, maybe I'll try again next year. I did get excited about writing in "gone to Mindy's" on January 31 thru February 7 even though my vacation request has not been approved yet. Love you guys!
Mindy, I cannot describe to you how precious it was when the little girls came and asked, "Sis. Hurst, can we wash your feet"? It is a moment in time that will be remembered for a very long time.
Sis.Noel ~ Your funny! Some people work better flying by the seat of their pants! Whatever works as long as it gets done right?!
_____________________________________
Mom ~ Ha! I know where I get it from! Most of my questionable behavior comes from my Dad, but the planning/list disease definitely comes from you! Love you ~ see you in 26 sleeps!
___________________________________
Sis.Hurst ~ I'm so glad you told me that story, I had no idea that's what they had done. So very sweet! I'm sure they'll remember that for a long time too!
Amen to everything you said in this post, Mindy! Awesome!
I'm with you on writing dates on paper (I have a little book I carry with me). But, I use Outlook for everything. I love all the reminders. I would be lost without it.
Thanks for your brilliant brain on Monday night, helping us remember dates. I appreciate that about you. One of the many, MANY things I appreciate about you. :) Love you!
Great post. You are right on. Now I've got to get back to forming my plan for 2009. You've inspired me.
Post a Comment