Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Competition

My daughter is very competitive. Not just in sports, in everything. She torments her baby brother and she's driving me crazy!

For example, the other night they were having a sleep over and I heard them talking a bit, which is normal, but this night the talking escalated. By the time I made it to the bedroom Josh was in tears. What I thought was going to be a nice peaceful evening turned into this:

Me - "What in the world is going on up here?"
Josh - "Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!"
Maddy - "Um Mom, please don't get mad. Josh and I measured our legs and mine are longer and he's upset."
Me - "Josh don't worry son, before long you will probably be taller than sissy and your legs will be longer too."
Josh - "Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!"
Me - "What now?"
Josh - "Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, lasjdfl;kjasdlfjal;sdjfld, whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!"
Me - "Huh?"
Josh - "I want my rib back!"
Me - "What are you talking about?"
Maddy - "Oh, I told him that God took a rib out of Adam to make woman, so now every man has one less rib than us and now he's upset."
Me - "Son when we get to heaven let's ask God about this. Now go to sleep both of you."
Josh - "Will you remind me, to ask God."
Me - "Yes of course, I'll put it on my list of things to ask God about."

I'm sure that God has a reason He made her this way, and I'm certain that it will bless His kingdom. I pray He shows me how I can help her to use this for Him and not torment her brother, and I also pray that I don't go insane in the process!

And yes, family of mine, I'm very well aware that I'm getting a HUGE dose of my own medicine. Let me take this opportunity to say how very sorry I am that I tormented my big sister and how thankful I am that my Mom still has hair on her head! Ooooo....maybe that's where I'll start. I'll give her the "you reap what you sow" talk. I'll let you know if I made any progress.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about bib sister's friends? teehee

I'm sure at the time you were very frustrated, but that is really an adorable conversation. lol

Faith Motivates Miracles! said...

LOL LOLLOL... Mindy I needed that laugh. Poor Josh... Oh the bliss of boredom and what it comes up with in our childs minds. I just love Maddy. That was me.. Thank God Ana doesnt have anyone to torture..I wouldnt have any hair and would be on longterm visitation at the funny farm... Love u

Anonymous said...

Mindy, this is your mother. This is 6:10p.m. on Thursday. So-o-o-o, where are the pictures from 'wordless Wednesday'? Words are permitted also! How are you doing?