My husband and I are strong believers of not talking about our business to others, so this post is,* sigh*, getting a bit real. Ok, with that said, the reason we keep our business to ourself is so that when God speaks or provides, we know it was from Him and not "flesh" inspired. I will say that earlier this year I was convinced God had no idea where I was, who I was, or what I was going through. And then my Pastor got up one day and preached and I can't tell you the name of the sermon, but all I heard was "God knows where you are." Then another sermon recently, again can't remember the title, my Pastor said "God will not let you sink." God has given me countless promises through this time.
Lately I can't listen to music without just bawling my eyes out. God in His goodness will bring a song to my mind and I'll begin to sing and cry and pray all at the same time and it doesn't sound good, but boy it sure feels good!
My calendar for the month of June had this scripture on it "You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance" Psalm 32:7
God has surrounded me with songs of deliverance! Praise His Name! I love Him, I love Him, I love Him!
I am determined to Praise Him In This Storm...if you find yourself in a storm I encourage you to do the same!
Being real ~ Mindy
Here's the lyrics to the song Praise You In This Storm by Casting Crowns
I was sure by now
God you would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
Stepped in and saved the day
But once again, I say “Amen”, and it’s still raining
As the thunder rolls
I barely hear Your whisper through the rain
“I’m with you”
And as You mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away
I’ll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
Every tear I’ve cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm
I remember when
I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry
You raised me up again
My strength is almost gone
How can I carry on
If I can’t find You
As the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
“I’m with you”
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away
I lift my eyes unto the hills
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The Maker of Heaven and Earth
P.S. Tonya if you read this, you really need to sign this song!
4 comments:
I remember that message because I was thinking the same thing you were. Sis Mindy I dont know the details but I know how you feel. I just have made up my mind like the song says, " I vow to praise you through the good & the bad, Ill praise you weather Im happy or sad, Ill praise you in all that I go through, because praise is what I do." You have a praise about you.. I see it when you sing and it blesses my soul. I know its easy to say but this to shall pass. Your blog title says it all. I love you and I will be praying for you and you will pass through this storm victorious!! God can not fail you now! Keep praising Him...I promise you will be counting it all Joy!!!
Sounds like the Lord is getting you ready to move you up in Him. It is in the eye of the storm that we learn His will. I know He has something good in store for you and yours. Love you.
Mindy, The songs we sang Sunday go right along with how you are feeling. "Praise is What I do" and "Hallelujah, Anyhow"! God will come through for you! I have NEVER seen the righteous forsaken!
Sis Noel, Sis Hopper, & Sis Hurst,
Thank you for the kind and encouraging words. The preaching of His word has helped me so much.
I'll be sure and praise Him when I come out on the other side!
Keep watching for a victory report!
Much love, Mindy
Post a Comment