Today, Josh woke up with a 102.2 fever and not feeling good at all. It looks like we'll be having a low key day. That's ok, it's summertime and I don't have anything that absolutely has to be done today except return some library books that are due today. I think we'll stay inside and out of the heat...its supposed to be 95 today.
Monday, when we woke up, my kids and I had this conversation that just struck me funny. I quickly journaled it so I wouldn't forget. I'm posting it today to give you a glimpse of how some of my daily conversation go.
Keep in mind this was all before coffee, B.C.
Josh - "Mom, can we build a tent?"
Me - "No, you haven't cleaned up the mess from yesterday. Oh, and by the way Josh what happened to you cleaning your room last night, you made me a promise."
Josh - "How 'bout I make you a deal. I'll clean my room the day God destroys the earth."
Maddy - "God is not going to destroy the earth Josh."
Josh - "Yes he is, and the moon is going to turn red."
Me- "Did you learn that in Sunday School yesterday?"
Josh - "Yep, Kyle told me."
Maddy - "Is that true Mom?"
Me - "Yes."
Maddy - "I don't want God to destroy our house, can't you ask him to take this house to heaven."
Me - "Why would we want to live in this house when God has a mansion prepared for us?"
Josh - (looking at Maddy with those wide brown eyes) "That's really true."
I negotiated a room cleaning and debated on end time prophesy, not bad for a Monday morning.
Oh the funny things kids say!
6 comments:
L.O.L.! Oh, my word! That is the cutest thing! What a little smarty!
By the way, I hope and pray he's feeling better. He's too cute to be sick.
Oh how I miss conversations like that with my two. They grow up so fast. Sometimes what seems so tasking can be so precious. I wish we can keep them that way so innocent. Matt has a blog. ibog.wordpress.com check it out. Like i said they grow up so fast. Love you. You are a great Mommy!
Mindy, I have laughed so hard over this one. "How about I clean my room when God destroys the earth". That is just to good. I love it!
What an awesome blog you have - very inspiring... and love the paisley too!
OH MINDY THAT WAS SO FUNNY.. IM GLAD TO FIND YOU. I HAVE TO LEARN HOW TO ADD EVERYONE. I JUST STARTED TO. THANKS FOR SHARING THAT. KIDS SAY THE MOST PRECIOUS THINGS..
SIS NOEL
Post a Comment