Monday, June 9, 2008

Oh Happy Day

Our 6 1/2 yo daughter got baptized yesterday!

I am so thrilled I just can't stop counting my blessings!

We are blessed that God has allowed us to be in a church where our kids learn about God, hear the preaching of His word, and feel His Power! Madeline has become more and more aware of the need for God in her life and she surprised us by asking to get baptized a few weeks ago. We know that this was the Lord dealing with her because whenever baptism was mentioned in the past, she would say "No way, I'll pass." A big part of this transformation has been her Sunday School teachers, so I'm counting them as a blessing.

Our Pastor is a HUGE blessing in our life. He preached so powerfully yesterday, a message directly for me I might add, and the Holy Ghost moved! We had young people being renewed in the Holy Ghost...right at the beginning of summer! Ha! I love it when God blows my mind!

There are so many blessings in my life, I cannot tell it all, but I gave you a few of the big ones!

Thanks for counting some of my blessings with me ~Mindy




Pastor was afraid she was going to float away!


Take a deep breath ~ Going down in Jesus Name!

She came up with her arms raised praising God!


She likes this picture ~ Pastor's hand is so big she said!

Praise God for His goodness!



5 comments:

iluv2prshim said...

Awww....Mindy this brought tears of thankfulness to my eyes. Madeleine is so sweet in how she is following after the leading of the Holy Ghost. As you know, Pastor is thrilled every time he gets to baptize any of the children. God is so good to us all. :)

iluv2prshim said...

p.s. I also love the picture with his hand on Madeleine's head as he is praying for her. Precious!

Anonymous said...

Praise God! Madeline, I am so proud of you and so happy for you. I pray that you will always let God lead and direct you. What a wonderful thing this is. I lova, lova lova you!!!!!!!!!! Grandma

Anonymous said...

Oh, praise God! I am rejoicing with you, Rod and Mindy! Madeline is SO precious!

What a wonderful move of God we had in church yesterday! Yes! The youth are jumping in with all of their hearts! I'm so thankful to God, I could just burst!

Karen J. Hopper said...

How wonderful the workings of God. I rejoice with you - there is nothing any greater than when your children move toward a life of serving Him. PS: I love the pic of Madeline with Bro Hurst's hand on her head. Precious plus!