Wednesday, October 29, 2008

No Sleep in Heaven

I now know why we won't sleep in heaven, we won't be able!

This past weekend my church, The Pentecostals of Hollister, hosted Soul Winner's Boot Camp. What an exciting time we had! We have been planning, fasting, praying, & saving for a year and this weekend was worth all of it! The final count, 70 filled with the Holy Ghost and 61 Baptized in Jesus name! Can you believe it?! God opened my eyes and my understanding. There are hungry people out there and He lead us to them, or them to us, either way He deserves the glory!

We would come home late every night and try to sleep, but couldn't. I would see the faces of people coming up out of the freezing water, hands upraised and ready to receive! I would say "Thank you Jesus!" and try to go back to sleep but couldn't. I'll be so glad in heaven when we won't have the cares of life to worry about, our only concern will be rejoicing around the throne!

It was hard work to host this event, but I had so much fun it didn't feel like work at all! The leadership and saints of The Pentecostal Church of Hollister are the best!

Most of all I'm thankful that God's presence was there in every session, in the block party, at the park, and in our Sunday service! He makes the difference!

To God be the glory!

For other posts and pictures on SWBC (Soul Winner's Boot Camp), read the following blog posts:

More for your Life

Than's Thoughts

In His Time

1 comment:

Karen J. Hopper said...

Had already read the others' posts regarding the Boot Camp revival. It is exciting to hear the wonderful reports from each of you.