Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Behavior Bootcamp

This week I am hosting Behavior Bootcamp at my house. This event was not planned nor advertised. I had two slots available and wouldn't you know it, they've been filled. I'm not sure how willing my recruits are, but the show must go on! I debated on the cost, but then realized if I didn't host this event, it would cost me my mind. So it's free!

We have been "out" of school for almost 3 months and I don't know about anyone else, but my kids do much better having a schedule. I am attempting to get us all back on our "school" schedule before we start on Monday. I started back with our devotions and todays topic was "Don't do what anger tells you", the story of Cain and Abel. Perfect topic to reinforce my behavior bootcamp plan. I'm hoping someone out in the blog world will encourage me and tell me sibling rivalry ends soon!

Ok...it hasn't been all that bad. I have enjoyed this summer with my family. When my kids were younger I thought I would never have a free moment again, but now they are older and getting more independent which means I have more free time. I have read 2 books and I'm finishing up 2 more. I have never done that! I didn't take on any painting projects this summer, but I almost have curtains made for my room. Ok....my Mom did those, all that's left is for me to sew the tabs on.

Well this Drill Sargent has to get back to work!

Hope your last days of summer are happy ones ~Mindy

4 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

Sibling rivalry DOES NOT end soon. My four were proof of that. LOL Seriously, saw you and the kids at camp meeting and you were moving too quickly out of the tent to get to you - so here's a hug via Blogsville (squeeze, love ya).

iluv2prshim said...

"Behavior Bootcamp"...I love it! I'm sure your recruits will do just fine. :) Sorry to not be any encouragement on the sibling rivalry. It never ends! LOL However it does get better. :)

Faith Motivates Miracles! said...

What a great idea!! lol Where can I sign up my husband? Can you make an exception and take one more? Ill pay.. LOL Im kidding.
That was so cute.
Love ya,
Noel

Mindy said...

Sis.Hopper,

I saw you too, but my kids were in a hurry to go make crafts! (((HUGS)))

Sis.Hurst,

Glad to hear it gets better. If so many Moms can survive this I'm sure I can too.

Sis.Noel,

Ha! I don't take husbands, that's what the Army is for! You're so funny!